Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spiritual Sundays


A moment to think about how blessed we are. This week as we loaded the first of many loads of our 'stuff' to move to our new home we stopped to sit in our chairs on the edge of the little utility trailer we were loading. Lots of times as I sit in a small space like that trailer I think there are many parts of the world where someone would love to have such a sturdy place to raise their kids.
I am Grateful God gave me the skill to earn a living, a husband who works hard and the brains to handle our money well. I am trying to be a good steward of HIS money.
Just the fact that I am here, now, blogging about what color to paint my new table and my new home and that I can afford to feed animals with our 'extra' tells me we are very blessed. Even with the hardships we all face....we are blessed.
This week I also got a letter from my Compassion sponsor child and how elated she is to get the tiniest gifts from me (ten dollars) makes me acutely aware....
What are your blessings and are you counting them or counting sorrows?

6 comments:

Musings of A Minister said...

I love the old hymn Count Your Many Blessings. We need reminders like you have given us today and like the old song: "Count your many blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done..." No need to wait until Thanksgiving Day. We need to be thankful every day. Thanks for the gentle reminder.

Anonymous said...

I can relate. God has blessed me beyond my wildest expectations. He has blessed America so much. We all need to take time every day to thank Him for his goodness and His faithfulness. Thank you for sharing this post with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

SmilingSally said...

Whenever I feel glum, I begin to count my blessings, and it changes my perspective. Happy Spiritual Sunday!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a wonderful post! I too feel so blessed and am always trying to be a good steward of his money and pray about it always. I wish you wonderful memories in your new cottage. I just read a sign the other day that said, My Home tells a Story. I loved it.
God Bless,
Ginger

Cherdecor said...

We could all be more thankful than we are. Sometimes we don't realize just how blessed we are. Thank you for this post.

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister! Great post to remind us what a blessed people we are. Let's never stop remembering how our Heavenly Father cares and provides for His children in the most unique ways.
Blessings-