Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Update: It's Wednesday and I managed to get a few coats of regular paint on the 'hard to reach' areas so that I could stand her up and work some more. Here is her current condition
The top shelves will be open and thus I will be priming and painting them as well, but I can do that with her off my dining room table! I am excited I can get this done and ready for Thanksgiving, even if I am not having people over!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Aside from measuring the opening and buying the glass the following are the steps:
Step one: remove the old glazing, broken glass and glazing points. (this is not fun, easy or necessarily without potential for injury) Step two: Put new glass in. This involves Glazing points (aka Push points) and
Now it needs painted and some tidying up. It's an older window and the new glazing points with 'tips' (which are easier) to use are sort of visible under the glazing compound from inside, which isn't ideal, but I learned how to do it and when the time comes to do another window, and in my old house it will, I will be better and no less proud of doing it myself.
Monday, November 1, 2010
I made myself commit to doing a few clinics with my trainer, Mary and riding a certain amount each week before a show. All of it added up to alot of work. I had moments when I didn't think it would happen. Losing my farrier over the summer, a blown engine in my husband's car and other such incidents conspired to make it a difficulty, but I prevailed.Chai and I prepping at home
Phase one of a Combined Test-Dressage
Phase 2- Stadium Jumping
Chai was a superstar and we scored lower middle of the pack in MY first ever dressage test. Next year I know what to do different to get a better score. She went completely clear in stadium and after a summer of basically being off she just soared. I love that mare!
Overall, we are proud girls and ready to do it again next year.
So, have to get a new resolution, I guess.