Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Betcha Can't Decorate Just One

Okay, I guess you can if that is the only room you have to move into for today!
We don't technically get the place until Sunday. We talked to the sellers and got permission to offload the trailer load of stuff. So I have space in the barn and in the sunroom.
Here is the new table in the sunroom with just a few of our things. Here is the view from the front door...WELCOME to my new home!
Here is Duncan's pumpkin in an urn with some yanked out plants from some annuals near the door. Literally, I stuffed an old box down in there pumpkin on, broke off stems and ta da...entry done!
So, just for fun I wanted to do a "how expensive was this quick sunroom" run:
Bed frame - $10 yard sale
Table - Barter (zero dollars)
Rooster lamp - 3.50 Goodwill
Cute birdy stands-5/pr clearance at Orchard Country Store
Chairs-Road side FREE
Mattress, bedding and box springs - about $140.
then let's add the tiny pumpkins and big pumpkin -$4
the urn on clearance at Michaels- $5

Grand total: 167.50
Now, I will have a few other little things adding along the way, but I thought this was pretty impressive. I love being FRUGAL!
So as a goodnight gift I share you my garden's denial of Autumn bloom!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Congrats on the house! It's adorable!!!! I'm so excited for you! I don't know how you're sleeping but I know if I were you, my mind would be going full speed with a million ideas and it would keep me up all night!

Anonymous said...

Oh my not even moved in and already have the entry decorated!!! I love the sunroom! Great suggestion about the Contentment therapy month- It is going to be a big stretch for me to enter everyday. I think my max is 6 or 7 blogs for a month!!! I will certainly add that in the entry blog- still am trying to figure out the mr. linky to get it all started!!
Wish I was closer so I could help you move! We love doing that!

blessings to you!

mary :)

LillyB said...

Great for you!! Stretch that money as far as you can! I pray the move goes smooth for you!
God Bless you!!

Anonymous said...

I have my mr linky up and running for the contentment therapy session!! Also a picture of the 2 giveaways- one very shabby chic! Would you please tell your blogging friends about this! THanks!

blessings -mary :)