Saturday, August 9, 2008

Thrifataholics Anonymous?

Anyone have the number?

Honestly I feel as if I have been bitten by a bug. I am getting a 'high' from taking these 'junk' items and making them mine. I would feel guilty or like I am cluttering my home, except I have been pretty "bare bones" for a few years. My life has been busy and I have barely decorated a THING.


So today I dragged DH into Goodwill to show him a bench/sofa I had seen, but ALAS next to the sofa was THIS!

Here it is as a 'whole' It is actually even UGLIER colored than it seems here. The yellow has aged greenesque. BLUCK, but I like the shape and size. It isn't super 'pretty' in shape, but it has potential out the ears.



Here are closer pics of the 'parts'. I think I can put a little 'umph' on the upper part and I do like the curvy bits on the bottom. I think a little love, paint, new hardware and my stuff sitting on it will make me smile alot.

Price tag for this doll.... You will never guess.................. 24.99. I just think it was a STEAL. Tell me what you think Blogger-pals.


I do think see that 'she' had upper doors at some point and I will probably not bother replacing them, rather remove the hardware marks (hinges, cathches). By the way, look at the shape of the DRAWER. LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Wow, that was a deal! I see lots & lots of potential!!!

Unknown said...

I HATE YOU!!!! You got such a good deal!

It really is nice, Chez. I don't hate you, but I sure do envy you. And what a price!

Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Anonymous said...

Thats a really nice piece of furniture. I think I prefer it without the upper doors too. It will look so sharp if you intend on repainting it.

I can't wait to see what you decide to do with. Good for you.