Tuesday, August 5, 2008

dumpster diving



A little work, a little sweat, but FREE!

I board my horses at a barn in Gasburg, IN and on Sunday I saw they had thrown away a gazebo. From what I understand the top had been damaged in a storm. I saw it and pictured the 'panels' in my home/garden. I couldn't figure out whether I wanted them. SO after a day of pondering and picturing the projects I could do I went back out to get them. OF course, I learned that you should get things EARLIER. I better LOVE these things. There was more trash on top of it....lots actually. So I had to drag out all the 'bags' of trash and shove other stuff under the leaning panels. There were bits of long posts trapping them and such. I figure I spent an hour in the sun dragging, tugging and fighting to get out the parts. Then I used a pair of pliers to take apart the remaining frame straggles.

There are EIGHT panels, each about 2 ft across and eight feet tall. I have about FOUR ideas. First, create an entire 'outdoor' room in a part of my yard that is currently yucky. Second use it it a few different areas as a 'divider' of garden areas to come. Third part in the house as a room divider and part outside as trellises and maybe build a gate and arbor with three pieces.


4 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, those are nice! I would have dug through a dumpster for those too!

Regarding the comment you left on my blog about the old lady. I never did go back to the house. I figured if she needed me, she would have called me. I still think about her though. It's a memory I will never forget!

Daryl said...

Excellent dumpster find!
The possibilities are ENDLESS!

Daryl

Joanne Kennedy said...

I would have spent an hour digging those out too. Great find!

Thanks for the post on my blog today about the Museum of Tolerance. I was wondering when someone would find say something how things like the Holocaust IS going on right now and most people are not doing a thing about it.

Good for you!

Hugs,
Joanne

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Perfect! I like the sunroom idea!