Sunday, August 17, 2008

Spiritual Sundays


A Late entry!
Better late than never! I spent a weekend with fellow pet stylists in Chicago Illinois. I enjoyed the freedom from housework, work and responsibility. I was with my best gal pal, Daryl and we stayed in a marvelous hotel it decorated very modern and beautiful. We both joked that we would have to buy ALOT of white paint if we lived there.
We found time to visit a little group of antique shops and even a flea market. She gave five lectures and I gave two.
Last week my 'theme' happened to be friends and I can't help but say it is again! I am a better person for having known Daryl. She is a great role model. She has shown me how to be a better wife and mom by example.

So here I am road weary and yet content of spirit. So I searched for an appropriate quote and it's related scripture (again in my grandma's book..God's Little Insturction Book).
Real friends are those who, when you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel you've done a permanent job.
beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth...
1 Corinthians 13: 7,8
I really feel we can learn such great lessons from our friends about how it is to love, We can even learn from moments when we feel on of our friends have not 'measured up' take a moment to consider how we may need to work harder on ourselves or even our relationship to God. How often do we fail to do what He would want and yet we are forgiven? Grace is really the most powerful thing.
So, I often feel that Daryl is the friend/gift God gave me when He knew I would need her. He knew I would need a friend who was a good example, who would laugh with me, cry with me, work beside me, nag me when necessary and encourage me. Some days I see thorns....Daryl points out the roses. In the garden that is my life one of those very roses is HER!
Go find the roses fellow bloggers....Thank God for them...count the blessing and not the trials...it is in feeling and finding blessings that we become MORE blessed.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Very good post. Our preacher this morning talked about the importance of love. Thank you for sharing on Spiritual Sundays.

Shirley Mary said...

I enjoyed your "Spiritual Sunday" post very much. And I am so thankful for my friends. May you enjoy the friendship of Daryl for many years to come. I lost one of my dearest friends a couple of years ago. She was certainly a rose in my life and even though she is gone, the sweet fragrance of her life lingers on. .

mary

Daryl said...

Cheryl! Where was the tissue warning for this blog entry? Thank you so much for your sweet words. Our friendship means a great deal to me, as well. It was a treat spending time with you this weekend. If it is true (and I think it is!) that laughter is good for our souls, we have happy souls today!
((hug))

Daryl

gotsnoopy said...

What a wonderful tribute to a great friend (yours and mine!).

I think I like your Spiritual Sundays best of all!

Glad you had a great time, and glad you're back!

nannykim said...

Friendship is such a gift from God. It takes time to develop such a relationship, but it is so worth it!