Sunday, September 21, 2008

Spiritual Sundays

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 5:3-5

This is one of the gems I found when I was really NEEDING it. It really speaks to my heart. There are alot of times I wonder WHY we must suffer, why good people have hard times. It helps to know that God works all things for the good. I do beleive those of us who have had 'hard times' are more resiliant and I believe God uses it to show us to ask for help from him and from fellow Christians, as well.
If you are having a difficult time today be sure to add this verse to your daily readings!
Here's to hope!

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

This is so true. Thank you for sharing this insight. When I sometimes get to feeling a little sorry for myself because of something I'm suffering, I think about Jesus and what he suffered, and I am ashamed that I complain at all. When my kids suffer, I suffer too. I believe the Lord feels that way about his children.

Musings of A Minister said...

Good words. Your readers will be blessed because you shared this verse with them. For several days I have been writing about suffering because I consider it the number one reason people give for not believing in God. I know I don't have an answer for everybody but I intend to share what has worked for me.

Joanne Kennedy said...

I was told once that in order for coal to be turned into a diamond it has to under go so much pressure. Without that pressure it would never turn into the valuable gem it is.

That is how we are as Christians. We must be formed into a valuable gem and the only way to get there is to under go the heavy pressure of life.

Hugs,
Joanne

Holly said...

Hi, I'm Holly! Dontcha just love it when you come across a verse that is LIFE to you and it ministers spot on in your time of need? God is good and He knows what we need!

I enjoy your blog!

~ Hearts ~

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I have been so busy this week that I'm just now getting around to read some of the post from Sunday. Thank-you I needed to read this verse today thank-you.
Ginger