Friday, August 14, 2009

a little goodwill find

From a few weeks ago.

I saw it...it was $6, I decided I didn't want it that badly....went home...thought about it endlessly and went back two days later....saying "if it is still there it is mine".

Under the harsh lights of GW it was too bright and I felt needed 'painting', but at home in my less nutty light...I like it as is. I might do a white wash on it later to make it look old, or some dark wax....we shall see. For now it sits on my GW Entertainment center that wonders when I am ever going to paint her.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I like it just the way it is! Great find.

Dogwood said...

I really like the look of the muted colors. Nice topping for your entertainment center. Dogwood

Daryl said...

CUTE!!! Even better than the verbal description. Love it.
Daryl

solarity said...

I vote for just a touch of whitewash--but you know how I am about white!
Shouldn't GW start selling paint?

Mary Anne in Kentucky