Here is a lovely view of the window from when we were looking at the house. This was, think the second time I saw the house. They just cut th border to 'fit'... LOL
Here is right before I mistreated. Sadly this 'teal' looks better in pictures than real life. Since the lighting isn't great...I wish you could hate it as much as I did! LOLHere is my 'first' go. The fabric is thinner than what I would like in a permanent 'treatment', but this is a MISTREATMENT!
I used the existing rod, hot glue, my fabric and ribbon.
Here is my final choice. The thought was to do a 'roman shade' type thing, but in the end I just wanted to cover the ugly and have some 'happy' in the room.
Leaving it oversized and folding it under hidles the window frame's need of trimming out.
My inner perfectionist (IP) about had a heart atack that I was posting this.
I am happy to have my pretty little mistreatment for the time being and knowing how "IP" wants me to do so many things it may be 'not so temporary'.
Oh and as for the 'fold' if you don't like it come iron it. I figure six hot showers and it will be gone! LOL
I hd a few extra flowers from my ribbon so I added them to a hand towel. I can't tell you how happy that makes me...silly but happy.
I hot glued them too! I will sew them on before I wash it, don't worry!
Now, onto other things, I really need to get the spare/craft room unpacked, I mean I have been in the house nearly four months. :P