Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Don't be the Martyr


Okay, so this is as much a reminder to me as anyone else. I am a "Flybaby". http://www.flylady.net/

Thus, I remind myself often just how much of our stress is 'self-made'. The "Oh no I have to make a TURKEY" thing. The Holidays tend to be when we throw ourselves right onto our martyr swords...so let's pinky swear we will stop each other when this is the road we start down!


So, ladies (and gents), let's consider ourselves blessed to have loved ones to feed, purchase for and take care of. Let's enjoy making dinner and stop making sure it's "perfect" while we snipe and complain to anyone within earshot. The best turkey tastes "foul" when served with guilt as a side-dish.


Let's light up our Holidays with our good attitudes and Thankfulness.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

1 comment:

Daryl said...

Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to YOU.
I am feeling joyous as I prepare for the feast. Tired, but joyous just the same!
Blessings!