Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

You see that older model Explorer behind the found windows? Today in spite of itself I am thankful for it. I have managed to have two flats (Same tire) and a starter go on it. I am tempted to be angry at said car...BUT...she has 250K miles on her. She drags us through snow and rain and all sorts of silliness..and generally has been a good car for us.
I have pulled my back, learned that some people don't come when you call for help and learned that even new tires find nails and corode away their valve stems. However, in all this I had my Dad come to my rescue, a friend from church stop to see if we were okay, my good and true friends calling to check on my back and my hubby picking up teh slack at home.
The silver lining is there, when I look.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope your back feels better soon. Mommy's can't be down for too long. So glad hubby is picking up the slack at home. I know it's hard to be down and out. Hang in there! If you need anything, let me know. :)

...You May Say I'm A Dreamer said...

First of all, I LOVE the picture of the flowers at the top of your blog..they make me happy! And I too have a car that's older (2002) that frustrates me, BUT it's been paid for for years, uses very little gas and runs great. Sometimes I get so angry with myself for "wanting" more. I have to remember that NOT having a payment is a huge blessing. I have reliable transportation and that's what really matters.