Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stepping

I am again glad I chose "Baby Steps" as the name of my blog.  It is definately the only way things seem to get done in my world! 
The above photo is the front of my house the day I put the offer in.  The plants in front of the wall are in pots, and there is nothing but dusty dry soil below.
That was three years ago.  I have wanted to do something about it for all those years.  However, feeding living beings, mowing grass, riding horses and raising my son have eclipsed this "job". 
This weekend I finally got some horse manure toted up there, ran a tiller and dragged the stone up from the barn (one wagon at a time).
It isn't done, plants come next, but again my steps are baby ones....but I refuse to stop stepping! 

This photo is horrendous, but you get the idea.  I can't wait for it to be full of hostas and impatiens.  Looks alot more like the cottage I am growing it into.  Now I just don't know if I wan to sit on my back deck or in my front yard more.  It's a good problem to have!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Has it really been 3 years since you moved in! I met you when you were deciding on the house!!

That garden space is going to be beautiful when full!