Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fantastic in Fall Colors

Our farm is beautiful in all the seasons. However, her finest apparal seems to me to be her oranges, yellows and reds. Maybe since we first owned her a year ago in Fall it is more noticable to me.
I snapped these photos a few days 'post-peak' here in Indiana, but my Maple tree had started throwing gorgeous yellow-orange leaves in huge quantities.
Covering our cottage in a crown of jewels just for the season.
While I was snapping those photos, Duncan was trying to move around his pumpkins

and enjoying the best part of Autumn. The leaves!
The trees are now, two weeks after this photo shoot, nearly bare and the leaves in questions merely brown mulch-to-be.
Peak color, Fall beauty and all it entails is SO brief that I think we almost MISS it every year.
Did you enjoy it this year? Are you?

3 comments:

Dogwood said...

Thanks for the wonderful and fun photos. Love all the "jewel leaves" on your roof. Love your house! Cute pumpkins. Fun to play in the leaves. Always make for nice childhood memories.

solarity said...

I've enjoyed my leaves enormously. There are still a few trees with almost all their leaves, and they seem even brighter against all the bare branches.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Anonymous said...

Fall pictures are beautiful!
A very happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

blessings
mary