Thursday, July 30, 2009

Not perfect but HAPPY!

So the morning of Duncan's birthday....we were running late, and my DH hadn't gotten the stuff prepped for me to do pancakes.
I decided better to have good pancakes from a HAPPY mom, than pancakes made in a hurry. Nobody wants cranky-made cakes...am I right? So...we delayed until Saturday morning. You think he was happy enough with it?

His birthday was excellent with 26 people attending his late-planned party at the Golden Corral. He is one well-loved kid.

We also did Pancakes on Sunday, as I had the griddle out already! He thought his birthday was ALL WEEK, I think.

So make some imperfect, wrong day, whatever....but just do it with love and the smiles are worth it!

1 comment:

Daryl said...

I will be 50 next birthday. I think I need some non cranky cakes shaped in a "5" and an "0."

Love the picture of that smiling boy.

Daryl